Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I Have Been Tagged

 Today's declutter was our coat closet. It's pretty much all Harley stuff.
 And the after. I need to find a better place for the little vacuum cleaner, I only use it to do the baseboards once a month (who am I kidding, when they get furry) We keep our riding gear in this closet. I would love to someday move it all to the garage but I don't see that in the near future. Seem to have a bit of the same problem with helmets as we had with remote controls. My hubby has one head, however he has 7 helmets. I have one head and one helmet.
 How cute is this fabric that I scored for $3.00 a yard on clearance
And a few pieces for a little boys. I already have some of all the fabrics to make baby quilts with but at these prices I figure I can squeeze in an additional baby quilt or two.

I had thought this would be a short sweet post tonight but I have been tagged at Lena's blog here   http://frugalandthankful.blogspot.com/ check out her blog.

After I finished up in the closet today I completed the free motion quilting of  DD#2's quilts, yepeeee. I should be able to get the binding on tomorrow then the slow process of  handwork on the binding, soon, very soon, it will be done. Then it will be on to the second quilt for her to choose from. OK so on to the tag, here is how it works

#1 - Post these rules.
#2 - Answer the 11 questions from the person who tagged you. 
#3 - Create 11 new questions for the people you tag.
#4 - Tag 11 people and link them to your post.
#5 - Let them know that you tagged them.

And these are my answers to Lena's questions:

1.When did you start blogging and why?
I started I think 3 years ago it was, maybe longer. It was a way I could keep in contact with friends and family who live far away. 

2.What was the last thing that you bought that you wish you didn't?
Our boat 4 years ago, with any luck the sucker will be gone by summer!

3.What is your most precious childhood memory?
Gosh there are so many, I guess it would be Sunday dinner at my grandmothers each week. She had 8 children all married with 38 grands and a few great grands, she did ALL of the cooking!!!

4. What is your favorite color and why?
Humm...right now it seems to be green but I change all the time.

5. What was your best date with your significant other?
Our first trip to the beach with no kiddo's!!!

6.What do you consider your biggest achievement in life?
Being a Wife and Mother, nothing else much matters.

7.Are you a loner or would you rather be in a crowd?
A little of a loner but I love being with good friends.

8.What was the best meal you've ever had?
Spaetzle with gravy!!!!

9.If you were granted 3 wishes from a genie, what would you ask for?
Sanity to the crazy world we live in now. That our Daughters will grow old with their husbands. That people would try to be nicer to each other.
 10.If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
Europe, we lived in Germany when I was in high school but I would love to go back to all the countries we visited now that I am an adult so really appreciate everything there is to see and do.

11. Who is your best friend?
Sounds dorky but my hubby is my best buddy, and he leaves $$ in his pockets I find on wash day

And these are the people I decided to tag
And these are my questions to you:

1.When did you start blogging and why?
2.What was the last thing that you bought that you wish you didn't?
3.What is your most precious childhood memory?
4. What is your favorite color and why?
5. What was your best date with your significant other?
6.What do you consider your biggest achievement in life?
7.Are you a loner or would you rather be in a crowd?
8.What was the best meal you've ever had?
9.If you were granted 3 wishes from a genie, what would you ask for?
10.If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
11. Who is your best friend?

http://www.justnorthofwiarton.blogspot.com/
http://quiltrestoration.blogspot.com/
http://craftthriftandlove.blogspot.com/
http://www.thehappyhomeowner.net/
http://www.rural-revolution.com/
http://boomergirlsguide.blogspot.com/
http://frugalincornwall.blogspot.com/
http://everydayfoodstorage.net/
http://alittlebitbiased.blogspot.com/
http://www.amylouwhosews.com/

14 comments:

  1. Awesome! I loved to have a chance to get to know you better. And I have a few really close friends but I think my husband is still my best friend even though he never leaves me any money in his pockets...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is my best friend too but he never leaves money in his pockets - he's an accountant :)
    Cupboard looks nice and tidy now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great set of answers, very interesting.

    Your closet does look tidy, well done on the deals you got with the fabric. I do love the boys fabric, that's going to make a lovely quilt,

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debby, your Harley Storage closet looks better at it worse then any of mine ! LOL Love the fabric you were able to p/u for the boys quilts. Not sure if I am able to pass on the tag, as I don't follow 11 other blogs; your and Gill's have been already tagged, so I sit here and do what I do best and *sigh* over it ... but I will answer all the questions put to me today. Loved your Childhood memory and best friend answers, as well as the rest. Great day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. North of Wiarton, I too had a heck of a time figuring out 11 blogs to tag so many that I follow are more of buisness type blogs with thousands of followers. Today's declutter should be fast!! I want to finish up DD#2 quilt ASAP so I can move on to the next.
    Thanks ladies!! I can't wait to dig into the new fabric but I have to finish what I started!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh, did you get the fabric online or in a store? I am always looking for Pure, if thats what the blue is?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello I just found your lovely blog after hopping over from Mrs Thrifty! Its great! I am now a follower and looking forward to reading more.I really love the fabric you found, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barb, the fabric is Pure by Sweetwater, I love their things!! Bought it our local store

    Welcome Anne!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL @ your hubby having 20 helmets & one head... lol! I guess that's like you & fabric huh? We all have our vices... ;)

    I just love reading these "tags", you learn so much about each other!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for tagging me! I'll be publishing my version soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shhhh, Carla don't give away our dirty little secrets!!!! Ha. Besides Hubby sure as heck would never go in my room to do any tidy up work!!! Mt sewing/scraproom is next weeks challenge, hope I have enough meds to get it done!!
    Looking forward to checking out your post Happy Homeowner

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good questions, great answers! And I don't think you're dorky at all, just sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks Debby...I am going to try and do it....love your neat closet...come do all of mine!!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jane, thanks, I really do like the fella, even if he doesn't have $$ in his pockets on laundry day

    Kathryn, We are in the middle of a decluttering month over at Carla's http://halfdozendaily.typepad.com/my-half-dozen-daily/ You are welcome to join in!!!

    ReplyDelete