Friday, June 14, 2013

Yummy New Book and Biscuits

 This is one of the new books I picked up this week to take on vacation but couldn't hold myself back from beginning to read it.
 The authors have taken vintage quilts and converted the patterns to easy to use jelly rolls, so cool!. This one caught my eye. Gonna have to be on the lookout for a jelly roll like this!
 The inspiration for that quilt is this antique one. While I like the modern one a lot I am in LOVE with the original. How cute are those scallop edges? I have had a scallop edge ruler in my supplies just waiting for a chance at the cutting board.
 After digging around in the sewing room I found enough fabric (I hope) to make the inspiration quilt using the jelly roll technique. Sew excited!!! I got a few strip sets sewn yesterday during nap time, hope to get the first block done today. That is if the bugger will even take a nap.
You just have to try this recipe for biscuits!! We could have made a meal of these last night!!!

I am feeling like a kid in the back set of the car going on a long family trip this morning. "He's looking at me!!" Hubby seems to not know what to do with himself this morning, so here he sits JUST LOOKING AT ME. Gonna be a long nine days before he is back to work I am thinking.

Last night hubby did his at home sleep study. I slept on the couch so I wouldn't disturb the test. Why the heck did I do that we have 2 spare rooms both with nice queen size beds. Duhhh I have high hopes that the study will come back requiring hubby to have one of those "Jet Pack" things so we can both get a good nights sleep in the future. It's going to be a long day without that good nights sleep I was sooo in need of last night!!

I had Kara yesterday, end of story! Ha She is such a handful. When I picked her up she was bouncing off the walls. I figured I would nip it in the bud right off so we went to the park, temperature was 80 degrees at 9:00AM. DD#1 and her kiddo's showed up a little later (durn didn't have the camera) by the time we left at 11:00 AM the temperature had climbed to 95 degrees. Talk about HOT, HOT, HOT. We had some monster storms roll in right at dinner time that thankfully has cooled things back down. Sure hope today is a better play outside day as yesterday was a rump kicker.

On to dinner. We tried out a new cabbage on the grill recipe last night that was OK but I need to work on it. Didn't seem to have enough flavor for our taste. I am always looking for new recipes we can put on the grill to keep the heat out of the kitchen in the summer. The other new recipe was 7-up biscuits!!!!! My, oh my. This is a must try biscuit, super easy and so darn good. We could have eaten the whole pan, to heck with the meat and veggies! I try not to use a lot of processed box foods but Bisquick is an exception, you can also always find good coupons for it! Ha This yellow box is so versatile, you can whip up so many things lickity split. Now on to the recipe then a shower ona to meet our big girls and the grands for breakfast. Ever try to eat with 3 toddles and a 6 year old in a restaurant first thing in the morning? And we wonder why we are both on blood pressure meds.

7-Up Biscuits

4 cup Bisquick
1 cup 7-Up
1 cup our cream
1 stick butter

Set oven at 425 degrees
Melt stick of butter in  9 x 13 pan
Mix Bisquick, sour cream, and 7-Up in a bowl. mix with spoon, not a mixer
Drop large spoonfuls of biscuit mix into the 9x13 pan.
Bake until golden brown.

Holy Hannah, better have one or two as soon as they come out of the oven just to make sure they are fit for the family to eat.

3 comments:

  1. you are tempting me~ I love fresh biscuits.
    I've had good success making homemade bisquik too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep hearing about those biscuits and I think I'm going to have try them :)

    You cracked me up with the comment about your hubby just staring at you hahahahaha

    Hope you're having a good day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandra, the biscuits are worth a try! He now has a new toy in the garage, should keep him out of my hair for a day at least

    ReplyDelete