Monday, October 19, 2015

Me Time

 I realized the photo of the pair of Witch shoes I posted yesterday didn't show the stitch design.
 It's been sew long that I have had time to sit at the sewing machine. I miss our time alone together. The table runner I am making for ME has a whole lot of applique involved. Using sheets of tear away stabilizer makes me nuts, it seems to always tear away before I am finished stitching out an area. This time around I am using a sew on stabilizer, sure hope it works :)
 Sometimes you need to go with quick and easy :) The pattern I am using called for a patchwork border....Seeing as how I had this really cute fabric with no plans on where to use it I went with this easy option.
 One place the is no corner cutting is fusing all these little applique pieces.
Three hours later it was finally time to start laying out and ironing everything down. Talk about time consuming!!!!

Late this afternoon I was finally ready to begin machine applique on the runner. After all the cutting of wonder under and fabric I didn't get very far but a start is better than nothing!! Tomorrow I will be ready to rock this baby.

This evening AJ the Beagle and I FINALLY finished hand quilting the quilt I have been dragging around for longer than I can remember. It feels so nice to get one more To Do out of the pile of projects. Once I covered the Beagle up with the finished quilt I came so close to digging around in the pile of completed quilt tops. NO!!!!! OK, well maybe :) Once I get MY table runner finished I just might begin machine quilting.

More than likely another quilt will have to be put off until next week as the calendar is pretty full with activities for the Grands. Field trips, Teacher work days, Soccer, Football, and a Birthday party will be taking up most of our time starting Thursday. Keeping life in balance is always a struggle.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing creative work you did. Love to see your art and handicraft works. Assignments On Web

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you realize there is a 12 word phrase you can say to your partner... that will trigger intense feelings of love and instinctual attraction for you buried inside his chest?

    That's because hidden in these 12 words is a "secret signal" that triggers a man's impulse to love, look after and look after you with his entire heart...

    12 Words Who Fuel A Man's Love Impulse

    This impulse is so built-in to a man's brain that it will make him try harder than ever before to build your relationship stronger.

    As a matter of fact, triggering this dominant impulse is so mandatory to achieving the best possible relationship with your man that the moment you send your man a "Secret Signal"...

    ...You will immediately notice him open his soul and heart to you in such a way he's never expressed before and he will identify you as the one and only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly appealed to him.

    ReplyDelete