Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Elijah Update

 Make A Wish foundation had ask Elijah what he would most like to do in the whole world before his BIG surgery coming up this Friday. WW wrestling some such thing was his first, the second was to swim with dolphins. Due to time restraints they were not going to be able to grant his wish but......His Pappy and GiGi saw to it he got to swim with the dolphins!!! We old geezers are good for a few things :)

Elijah's first surgery took twice as long as was expected yesterday but still he did great. You can read about it here
 On the home front I have been working on restocking our freezers as things go on sale. DD#3 was out of work for 10 weeks after having Tater Tot. Nanny and Papaws freezer and pantry took a pretty hard hit during her recovery :) Full pork loins was the meat sale of the week, sale price $2.99 regular price is $5.79 for boneless pork chops. Our butcher at the grocery does a wonderful job of cutting up these babies into just the right size chops and roasts to suite our needs.
 Tucked way in the back of the pork shelf in the freezer are 27 packages of pork chops along with 8 pork roasts. Total savings of $68.32. Sure hope chicken will go on sale soon as we are OUT!!! DD#3 family hit the chicken hard :)
Between working on the domestic front and helping hubby in the yard a bit I am still doing pages for Kara's album. Karsyn is waiting for me to get started on hers, there is not time to waste.

Hubby and I will once again do some man work in the yard this morning before the heat begins to build. Our concentration for now is the front yard, we still have 2 yards of wood chips piled on the driveway. Some of our front beds have been invaded with poison ivy and oak, until we can kill that off we can't move the mulch....so much work to do but so happy to have a buddy to do it with :)

Lots of many mini To Do's have been done! I now have a working light in the kitchen! The light fixture to the fan unit went out sometime over the summer, thankfully the breakfast light was still working so I made do. Our fan/lights are no longer sold in the stores if hubby couldn't fix it we would have had to replace the kitchen as well as breakfast room fixtures OUCH!! A man in a tool belt melts my butter.

It has been determined by me and everyone I know that I take TO MANY photo's!! Yesterday afternoon we were driven inside by a little rain storm, perfect time for me to download a few more of Kara's first year photo's and get them printed. Well don't you know I was able to find them in no time at all on our back up external drive....all 3,000 of them. Holy cow!! After sorting, sorting, and sorting some more I think I have it down to a manageable amount to be printed (I hope) Her album has turned into albums and still growing :)

I hear the shower running, that my signal it's soon time to eat. Before I sign off a huge THANK YOU for all who are thinking and praying for Elijah. This week is a BIG week on his road to kicking cancers butt, he needs us all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment