Monday, October 27, 2014

A New Week

 I am pretty pleased with the progress I made on the stocking challenge last week. I just need to add Kara's name to hers, Karsyn's still needs all of the handwork and sequins added. That will be this weeks evening busy work
 Papaw and I accompanied Karsyn and Mason Man on their Pre school class field trip to the pumpkin farm last week. Holy cow!!! Thousands and thousand of little kids at every turn. We skipped out on the class picnic and opted for a just us picnic with our little guys. People our age can only take so much :)
 Kara finally decided on a Halloween costume from my dress up stash. The girl had come up with crazy idea's for a costume this year. I am thankful that nothing more than a large hem will be needed to have her ready to hit the streets in search of candy!
 Mason Mason's stocking has also be pieced. His stocking is not nearly as involved as the little girls. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel :)
 Family trip to the pumpkin patch Saturday, check.
 Last but not least of our FULL week of activities was Karsyn's 4th Birthday Party at the Spa yesterday. All of the little girls had such a great time.
Even wild child Kara enjoyed relaxing and being pampered.
 
Holy Hannah the week is done!!! We ran ourselves ragged last week with all of the running around to special events along with finishing major yard work on the front yard. Last night we were in the bed with the covers over our head by 9:00 PM. I am on a mini strike for the next few days. Other than a Dr. appointment for me this morning I am staying HOME for the next 3 days.
 
The house needs some major TLC, ditto on just about every other area home related. I started to make a list this morning but gave up, it was getting overwhelming :) Instead I switched to an itinerary.
 
8:00-10:00 Kitchen
10:00-11:00 Dr. appointment
11:00 - 12:00 Downstairs
12:00- 2:00 Upstairs
2:00 - 4:00 Sewing related (organizing more than likely)
Dinner
Stocking work in the evening.
 
Hubby was so funny as we drug our old rumps up the stairs last night. He is loving every single minute of being home full time but was ready to get back to the office so he can rest :) Welcome to my world bubba, it never ends.
 
Goals for this week are to finish the little girls stockings, complete a Halloween runner, get the sewing/scrap room back in working order and, prioritize Christmas sewing.  I think I can, I think I can....
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love your stockings, Debby. That was a really busy week. Happy birthday to your little Karsyn. Hope this week slows down for you a bit. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete