Friday, March 19, 2010

Button Friday







Wow the weather is beautiful here today, it has been hard to stay in my room and create with so much sunshine calling my name. Bob has gotten part of the garden planted and we will spend the afternoon doing yard clean up from the bad winter we have had, that could take weeks!

Only 2 layouts today but that is better than none, the paper from the make a splash layout is from way back when I started scrapbooking, I really don't like it at all but I am doing my best to use up a lot of what I have, I added buttons and liquid glass to the bubbles to try and dress it up a bit, maybe I should do a week of really old paper we all have in our stash, will have to give that some thought. Both layouts are with photo's from the early 80's of our youngest daughter, they are all getting such a kick out of seeing what I have finished each Sunday, I wait till Mondays to put everything in scrapbooks for that reason.
The second Layout is using up some leftover CTMH scraps and I found the cute acrylic frame in a drawer full of odds and ends embellishments. I wanted just a bit more polka dots on the layout so I ran a strip of cardstock in the cuttlebugg then sanded the top so the white core would show, talk about a cheapo trick to finish it off, dig around in your scraps, you might be surprised with what you come up with.

How are you doing with your own button layouts? We bought this stuff so now lets use it up, why let it just collect dust or worst yet take up space that we all are in such need of.

No comments:

Post a Comment