Thursday, June 5, 2014

Free Day to Sew!!!!

 I woke up to this disaster in the play room this morning :( No matter how often the grands and I do a clean up during the day it is still a mess by the end of the day. Sigh....A little at a time I will get it back in order but not right now.....
 I have more important work to do!! Like this prayer block for our sweet Elijah. A family friend of theirs in Alabama (their home state) is making a prayer quilt for Elijah's family from donated signed prayer blocks from friends and family. Our family is so blessed to be able to play a small part in this special quilt to wrap his family in warmth, love, and prayers :) All 12 of us!!
 My free from toddler day is being spent making additional sausage pillow cases for Elijah.
 Got a nice pile of sausage tubes done early this morning!!
This afternoon...Ironing, sewing side seams, washing, drying, then ironing one last time. My goal is to get a nice stockpile built up before the end of the day. I think I can, I think I can :)

Our family is getting very close to being back to normal, whatever normal is these days. The past two weeks have been filled with heartbreak :( Between losing such a good friend to a hit and run driver, sweet Elijah being diagnosed with cancer, DD#3 suffering a "Heart event" while giving birth to Tater Tot, not to mention my knee blow out, Hubby's back blow out, lighting striking one of our AC's, chicken pox, and even AJ the beagle got into the act by spraining her front shoulder.

I can tell you with absolute certainty God has laid his hands on our family. When I though I couldn't lift one more toddler, wipe one more nose, load one more little one into a car seat, hit the floor running after the grands at 6:15AM each morning not falling into bed until the wee hours of the morning he has given me the strength to do more than I ever thought I was capable of. He has been by our side each hour of the day, he has lifted our spirits and physical strenght.

 Through God's grace our DD#3  survived a dropped heart rate of 30 so many times over a three day period , her enlarged heart and fluids surrounding her heart are back to normal. Are we just lucky? Heck NO, God and ONLY God could have seen to all of this :)

We are blessed.... Too many times I take for granted God is with us. Too many days I get busy doing this that and the other, I don't take the time to give thanks and praise him for his gifts. He never forgets us :) I need to do better, I will do better, I must do better!!

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad your DD is doing better and taht everything s slowly getting back to normal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your daughter is better! God is good all of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes- You are blessed, Debby. I can see that God is working in your family's lives. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. God has a plan for all of us. Easy to see him working through you to hold family together in difficult times.

    ReplyDelete