Friday, May 9, 2014

Good Clutter

 I did some Do Good decluttering yesterday by loading up Snuggles Blankets along with dog treats and rawhide bones for delivery. One less pile in the spare bedroom for meand what I hope will be some good tail wagging treats for some homeless dogs.
 Also loaded in the car were Project Night Night bags for two family crisis centers in our area. I still have a whole heck of a lot more to find homes for...all in good time.
Last but not least I finished decluttering the bookcase. The folks a goodwill are going to know me by name soon :)

I hate and I do mean hate to drive!! Trying to find one of the crises centers yesterday took me 2 hours. A co-pilot would have come in handy. Our big kiddo's give me a hard time because I won't upgrade my phone to one with a built in GPS. I don't know which would be worse, being lost for 2 hours or trying to learn how to use a new phone! Ha But at least I am done for now as far as deliveries to unknown places.

I still have more Project Night Night bags to put in the hands of homeless children but am still having a heck of a time contacting the right coordinator at the large homeless shelter. I have had enough frustration for this week! I will try to spend more frustrating hours on the phone next week to make a LARGE delivery of Night Night bags.

The spare bedroom doesn't look much better yet as I still have a whole heck of a lot of charity projects to deliver, all in good time. I have decided to devote one day a week for calls, deliveries, filing of receipts, and all that jazz as far as charity stuff goes. Rome wasn't built in a day :)

On to another room for some spring cleaning. The upstairs guest bathroom is next on the list for some TLC. I can knock that room out in a day with time to spare. I need a quick, easy, call it done room!! I have high hopes that after wild child Kara leaves for the day I will have enough energy left to tackle the bathroom. A girl has to have dreams you know. I am sew missing time with the sewing machine lately but spring always has me chasing my tail around.

I feel like I caught a BAD case of need to create fever yesterday when I stopped in at one of my favorite quilt shops on my way home from Do Good errands. I am proud to say I walked out with nothing but a smile on my face, and of course that sewing fever. NO Spending!! I must admit that's a rare thing. Twice in one week I have been in and out for fabric stores with not a dime spent. I may need to make an appointment with our Dr. as something is very out of the ordinary! Ha



2 comments: