Thursday, December 9, 2010

Will the decorating ever end

Peppermint bark
Two pans makes lots of goddies

Christmas village is done!

Left the house at 9:00 AM this morning to meet our girls, then lunch with all the kids, shopping that took forever and finally back home at 4:00 PM. I hate being away from home!!! Before I took off this morning I got the Christmas village set up, finished up when I returned this afternoon, mark that huge job off the to do list.
Got the Christmas shopping started for our Christmas Angle this year, we have a 4 year old little girl, Heather and Shannon has her twin Brother. Their Mother ask for a coat, hat and gloves for the children, they are a homeless family therefore whatever they receive they must carry around all day, they are not able to leave things at the shelter during the day when they are required to leave. So very sad, Bob and I are going to meet the kids this weekend and finish shopping for our Angels, we decided to pick up small book bags that they will be able to carry themselves then add a few small toys, socks and undies in the bags. Along with the coats, hats and gloves maybe it will bring some joy to their day. Our hearts break to hear what a hard life these poor children are having to endure. I hope each of you will open your wallet and hearts to help a needy family this year. Bob and I have adopted an Angel each of the 36 years we have been married, when our girls came along we would do shopping for our Angle together, we are so happy our Daughters are carrying on the tradition with their own families now.
Even with all the ripping and running today I felt the need to get in the kitchen and make a little something, decided to give the peppermint bark a try. It is super easy!! I made 2 pans to use as small gifts for neighbors and whoever might stop by over the holiday. I want to get a little time to hit the scraproom and come up with a cute tag and a little ribbon to dress up some jars of the peppermint bark. Recipe below, give it a try, very inexpensive and pretty tasty.
Tomorrow is HOME all day, yaaaa for me!! Have lots that I need to get done and more that I want to have the time to do. Gonna take a deep breath and hit it early, so very close to finish decorating and shopping, then I can play in the kitchen for days on end!!!
Peppermint Bark:
Line 9x13 pan with foil or parchment paper
16 ounces of semi sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp peppermint extract
12 ounces of white chocolate
2 to 3 Candy canes crushed
Melt Semi sweet chocolate in microwave, maybe 1 or 2 minutes
add extract
spread in 9x13 pan, let cool until set, maybe 15 to 20 minutes.
Melt white chocolate in microwave, let cool down a bit then spread on top of the dark chocolate, sprinkle crushed candy canes on top while still warm. I used my small electric chopper to make the pieces really small
Once it is set and cool, break into pieces or cut into small pieces, a little goes a long way.
Store covered, if you don't eat it all!


No comments:

Post a Comment