Sunday, May 26, 2013

Long Time No See

 I HATE when photo's don't post right!! How cute is this towel and pot holder Carla sent me? Thank you sew much Carla I love it
 Along with the cute kitchen set I also received my Scrap Sister bundle from Carla. It's amazing out of all the fabric I have in my stash I don't have a single piece of anything she sent along. How cool is that! Now what to do, what to do, with all these new fabric scraps. Can't wait to have some playtime and figure it out.
 Kara has been with us all week, my oh my what a busy girl. She is home with Mommy and Daddy today but not before a quick visit this morning to just say Hi to Nanny and Papaw. So sweet.
 What would Memorial Day weekend be without a T-Ball game. Tyler had a LARGE cheering section of all his own yesterday.
 I bought this panel last year, maybe the year before to make a picnic quilt with. Karsyn is all about using our picnic/beach quilt these days. Sew...This is on my "up next project". I hope to finish it in time for our beach week for her.
I think these scraps will work to create a simple but cute picnic quilt for sweet Karsyn.

We have had too many whirlwind busy days lately. I declared to everyone this morning I needed some time off. So far I have done the following to ensure some me time this afternoon
1.) Deck/yard cleaned up after cookout yesterday and into the night.
2.) Sheets and blankets washed and hanging on the line
3.) Two loads of grands clothes, shoes, and such washed, dried and ready to be returned home
4.) Leftovers from cookout yesterday split between the DD's and ourself and delivered by Kara and her parents.
5.) Serving dishes, casseroles, and all that jazz washed, dried, put away
6.) Pot of Jambalaya simmering on the stove for dinner tonight.
7.) Crusty country bread rising for dinner tonight.

The rest of the day is all mine!! I plan on cutting out the picnic quilt for Karsyn, maybe some piece work on her quilt followed by Hexie work this evening. Dinner is ready other than making rice, lots of various deserts for the Harley boys to  snack on during the race so they should stay out of my hair.

Tomorrow is a club Harley ride that I may or may not go along on. Some alone time is sounding pretty good to me!!

Hope everyone is having a safe and happy holiday weekend.

10 comments:

  1. Hello Debby, I need some time off too and it won't really happen this week but next week is looking better, I hope.
    Carla sews up the nicest projects! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck to you for some down time Rhonda. I know you are as busy as a beaver with your grands all the time as well. They can suck the life right out of me!! Ha

      Delete
  2. So glad you received your pkg! I hope the set matches with your kitchen enough to use.... :) You've been crazy busy!! Hope you get in some time to relax!! I have a tonne to do but feel like falling asleep... lol! Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is perfect Caral!! I put them up over the weekend, didn't want the big boys to use and mss them up!!

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your "me" day! Can't wait to see how you'll use all these fun scraps! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lena, BTW we are thinking and praying for your family!

      Delete
  4. You are such a busy lady! The picnic quilt will be so cute! The alone time sounds good to me.... any time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love me some alone time, now and then

      Delete
  5. Alone time is so important isn't it? Enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra, seem like feast or famine around my place sometimes!! Ha

      Delete