Monday, June 13, 2011

Weekly Spending

Chicken and Dumplings
Ironing center


Pin cushion and scrap bag

Tonight for whatever reason I wanted some comfort food, chicken and dumplings are a bit of an odd thing to have in 90 degree weather but it was fast, cheap and good. I had a little leftover roasted chicken from yesterday, frozen chicken broth, and fresh parsley in the garden, mixed up some Bisquick mix for the dumplings, dinner was ready in 20 minutes and it was just what I was craving without all the work! I had Tyler and Karsyn today so my energy level was getting pretty low by the end of the day. It was so nice to have my little baking buddy to help out with cookies while Karsyn had her nap today, cookies and tea with a book for me tonight!

Here is the project from sewing class last week. I was finally able to finish it up over the weekend and try it out on a gift I am working on for a friend. It works pretty good on small projects or piece work, no need to set up the ironing board. I have it at the end of my sewing counter so I don't even have to get up to press seams, nice. I need to get in the habit of using the scrap bag to throw threads and scraps in instead of throwing everything on the floor.

I was over budget this week but I figured I would be from hosting the baby shower. I can't complain because I money at the grocery store and baby shower. Our Son-In-Law picked Karsyn up after work a few times last week so my gas cost was down, it should be interesting to see how low it will go once Mom is home with the kids for the summer.

Spending

Gas - $51.29

Groceries - $120.00

Baby Shower - $95.00

Total spent - $266.00, over budget by $66.00


Saved

Grocery store - $90.16

Baby shower - $350.00

Total saved - $440.00

No comments:

Post a Comment