Tuesday, April 15, 2014

We now have a Staff!!!

 Hubby and I compiled our must do lists yesterday morning over breakfast...it's a long hard to implement in a short period of time list. One of the many things on that list was to till the garden that we never had time to do last fall. Should we continue to rent or is it time to purchase a tiller of our own?  We went with ownership. This man of mine works long hours. He sacrifices so much for our family. A tiller to call his own just seemed like the right thing to do, so we did!!
In less than an hours time he had the lower garden tilled and ready to plant. Yippee Skippy, mark one To Do off for the home team.

We are making a whole lot of changes to our garden/gardens this year. With a new baby too arrive in just 6 short weeks, hubby still working out of state, taking care of a home alone that is bigger than we need something has gotta give. Bermuda grass had invaded our raised beds a couple of years ago. I have fought a good battle with it for the past two summers but it's just a lost cause. You can't kill the stuff, the roots run to China I do believe. While my man was doing his thing with his new toy I began to disassemble 6 raised beds. Holy cow, talk about hard work. I had planned to start over with just 2 new beds this year but the wood from the old beds was suffering from wood rot already. Gotta start from scratch. :(

After breakfast yesterday hubby took his Jeep in for inspection while I headed home. I have been racking my brain for weeks trying to figure out how in the heck am I going to continue to keep all the irons in the fire as  "The Lone Ranger" again this summer. As I turned the corner onto our street a lawn service was working on a neighbors yard, it's now or never. I chased the fella down on the mower to inquire about contracting with them. A short time later hubby arrived home to inform me he too had stopped the same company about taking some work off my back! Ha Great minds think alike.

As is the way here in the South we got talking with the owner when he came by to give us and estimate. He too is looking to retire soon planning to hand over the company to his Son who has worked for him since he was 14 years old. Their estimate for a weekly cut and trim was just too LOW!! We negotiated a little explaining our position that his prices were well under the market value, as in less than 1/2 the price of other companies. We didn't want to take advantage of them. His Son didn't say a word but you could tell by his body language he and his Father may have disagreed over price increases recently! Ha Having someone else doing the weekly lawn service will free up time for me to do all the extras I never have time to do. There are some big projects that we have had to put off for so long due to the time crunch.

Another biggy to me anyway was to load up the tractor that had blown and engine last summer. Habitat for Humanity agreed to take it off our hands but they don't do pick ups. I so dreaded helping my main man load and unload that monster onto our pick up truck for delivery. Don't you know last night after all the kiddo's had left the Kidney Foundation just happened to call for donations. I told the lady the only thing we had right now was a broken down tractor, BINGO. They will be picking it up Thursday from 9:00-5:00 all we have to do is get it too the street!!!

Having Staff is quite nice I must say!!

On for today is lots of running around (spending money) a few errands, regrouping, and revising our list as it will be raining all day. Tomorrow we will be back in the yard with coats on as the temperature of 82 for the past week will drop below freezing tonight. Gotta love spring!



No comments:

Post a Comment