Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Back in the Sadle

 
My Goofy brain is on the mend. Another day or two and I should be back to normal, well what is considered normal for me! Ha After seeing the Neurologist this morning and having a battery of test to insure that the rocks in my head were where they should be. It was conclusively determined that Vertigo is just one of the side affects of having a brain disorder. Nice, add one more stinky thing too the lists. 

 
Before I began running into walls and falling down I was using this pattern with a few changes to work on baby bibs using scraps from my stash. I didn't care for the binding ties on the bibs, with a little change I did away with them. From recent experience trying to tie bibs on a wiggly baby is no fun, its Velcro all the way for me.

One of the requirements this morning before seeing the Neurologist was to be off the vertigo meds for at least 12 hours. I needed a clear head as well as being able to stay awake for all the testing. Last night I figured I would see if I could at least sew on buttons. Yep, it worked. The watermelon bib is finished.
 

 
Moved on to the buttons for the strawberry bib. Done! These two small projects were all I could get done before it was time to sleep off the meds for the night. What the heck, some progress is better than none

 
I have had a hankering to try this scrappy quilt out for awhile. I need a new project like a need a hole in my head (one of the few things my head does not have!) but...I thought some simple cutting might be something I could get done as I give my goofy brain a rest. The quilt is from February's issue of "American Patchwork & Quilting"
 

I think I can pull this quilt off using scraps and maybe some stash thrown in. It would go much faster if I were to just buy new fabric from the materials list but.. I need to use up more of my scraps. Who knows when the quilt top will ever be done but I plan on enjoying the process. After all it for me!! I do love me some leftovers.

Like the quilt from the magazine? Check out the blogs listed below who have participated in a quilt along.

http://modalissa.blogspot.com/2013/11/are-you-ready-for-quilt-along.html
http://www.lavieenrosie.com/2014/01/still-quilting-along-with-apq.html
http://www.quiltjane.blogspot.com/2014/02/apq-quilt-long-tone-it-down-finish.html
http://www.fatquartershop.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2014-02-12T09:00:00-06:00&max-results=7&start=7&by-date=false
http://www.aquiltinglife.com/2014/02/a-quilt-along-finish.html

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better...missed you posting last night. I tried the adult bid. It doesn't really work with the sides cut as she has them. When you put it around your neck all the fabric falls to the center. They would need ties and we know that won't happen at a nursing home so I re cut the bib...ladies are rounded with fake pockets on both sides to hold the fabric's together and look more like an apron. Guys are cut square with a fake pocket on both sides making it look like a cobblers apron..and for me too...velcro all the way. After our darn snow stops...sigh...I'll take them to the nursing home and see it they work for them before I make more. Like the quilt and glad to see you have enough pep to be interested in making one...I really thought it would take you a few weeks to recover...Kudo's for doctor's and friends who help us when we need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your feeling better too! Nice job on the bibs!

    ReplyDelete