Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Ankle Deep in Mud


Took a wrong step in the garden this morning and ended up stuck in the mud above my ankle, not cool!! I was trying hard not to step in the standing water, lost my balance and ended up with one foot in the newly plowed cabbage, what a mess!!! Had to change clothes, wash sandals and get my jeans in the wash all because I was trying to bring in the stupid okra before the rain got any heavier today. Crap. Gardening can be a real pain in the butt.

Lots of creating for baby girl Karsyn and helping Mommy do a little nesting around the house on top of some morning mending and errands in the rain, still working on some beading to bling up Karsyn's canopy tomorrow, then maybe Mom will be happy and the nursery will be considered done. Might be wishful thinking on my part, Karsyn's room is over the top Girlie, hope I will remember to take some photo's tomorrow.

Also wanted to share a cool canning and preserving book I picked up a bit ago "Put 'Em' Up" by Sherri Vinton. This is the perfect book to get you started in food preservation, even seasoned canners, dehydrators would enjoy it. Hope I will have the energy to curl up in the bed, lesson to the rain and read a chapter tonight, that is if I ever finish this crazy beading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment