Monday, May 9, 2011

Weekly Spending

Check out one of my new screen doors Rambo man got for my Mothers day gift. He bought 2 in total one for the back door going on to the deck the other for the kitchen door going into the garage, no way am I gonna post a photo of the one going out to the garage, that is my sweet hubbies domain and he is NONE to neat!!

Weekly spending was once again over budget..GRRRR The fabric store did me in this week and of course gas is no help. But the savings were over the top good so I am giving myself a pass on the overage. Total saved using coupons, buying on sale and cashing in rewards bucks was $574.00, pretty good haul I am thinking!!!! I am getting sloppy in my spending and seem to be collecting fabric again so I need to set myself down and have a long talk. I want to cut back.... by tracking our weekly spending I know where the leaks are, now I just need to plug the hole (me)

One thing I have become aware of this year is how hard it is to not spend when you can afford to spend. If you don't have the money to start with there really are no options but to watch every penny and give up all the extras. In my quest this year to become more frugal I am learning how hard it is to stay self disciplined. Rambo man could care less what I spend as long as we have a roof over our head and a table full of food with our kids all around he is a happy man. Now some ladies would think he is a dream come true (he really is the pick of the litter I have to say) but there is a downside to being the one who holds the purse strings, you have no one to blame but yourself when things don't go as planned, that sorta sucks. I am going to re-read a few of Dave Ramsey and Larry Burkett's books to get back on track. Daughter #3 received the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University kit as a Wedding gift from their in-laws. She is letting me borrow the kit, if I can figure out how to use the DVD player I will get my head out of the cookbooks and hopefully get back on fire to save more.
Groceries - $49.70
Gas - $83.76 Gallon is up to $3.85
Christmas gifts - $36.72
Starbuck's Mothers Day cider - $28.40
Fabric store - $160.00
Eating out - $5.35
total spent $363.93, over budget by $163.93

Money saved
Grocery store - $118.60
Khole's - 246.00
Fabric store $210.00

1 comment:

  1. The screen door is lovely! :) what great gifts!

    I know what you mean about not spending when you actually can afford to spend! It's tough to save sometimes! I'm on a self imposed fabric shopping ban this month! Possibly next month too... I really want to focus on my savings!
    Good luck next week on your budget! :)

    ReplyDelete