Monday, May 23, 2011

Weekly Spending

$37.82 worth of candy for $.43 cents!!
Finally the purse we made in class



Crappy photo of the flower embellishment

Two weeks in a roll under budget!!! Coupons, rewards points, sales and a full pantry continue to be the key (staying away from the fabric stores helps) I cashed in my quarterly reward dollars at CVS that were going to expire to pick up a load of chocolate that were on sale coupled with coupons the whole thing cost me $.43 cents. What the heck are you going to do with all that chocolate you ask, it will be melted down for chocolate covered strawberries or peanuts at Christmas, chopped up for deserts who knows but we will use it up. I have a nice pile already put back from after Valentines Day and Easter sales and of course I sweetened the deal with coupons. To be totally honest a nice piece of chocolate with a glass of cold water makes me sleep better, that's my story and I am sticking to it.

Used staples quarterly rewards to pick up a black ink cartridge for $.72, regular price $19.99. Gas prices went down a few pennies, not that it had a real inpact but still every little bit helps. Last but not least our grocery was running a buy on get one free sale on Miracle whip, I had $1.00 off coupons put it together I saved $15.24. We didn't need a thing at the grocery so the Miracle Whip was all I picked up. So here is my rant for the day, what the heck is going on that the price of Miracle Whip is up to $5.89 a jar. We don't use a lot of the stuff in the winter but in the summer we need tomato sandwiches people we live in the south, what about egg salad, chicken salad, tuna, macaroni salad, devil eggs I mean really you gotta have the stuff and it has a super short shelf life so it's not like you can stock up much.

Sooo.... I did really good on the budget, a disciplined person would have run right to the bank and put the surplus in the savings account but no not I. The savings along with a $50.00 gift card from Mothers Day headed to not one but two fabric stores. I hit the store that will be closing Friday for some last minute deals on the 60% off fabric then went to the regular store to sign up for June classes and pick up my class supplies, even had a 20% off coupon for frequent shoppers (that's not necessarily a good thing)
Christmas gift number 2 is almost finished, if I would have kept my fabric happy butt home it would have been completed, tomorrow I will have to push a little harder.

Weekly Spending

Gas - $73.40 gallon down to $3.78

Grocery store - $8.32

CVS - $.43

Staples - $.72

Eatting out - $27.00

Total spent - $109.87

Total saved - $71.90

Under budget - $91.00





1 comment:

  1. Awesome job with the budget this week & great score on the chocolate! Make sure you post the fabric you grab on clearance! :) I'd love to see it!

    ReplyDelete