Thursday, October 18, 2012

Road Trip with a Super Hero

Hubby's happy mail. 

Hubby was so excited to finally get his Halloween costume delivered. You would think he was a 6 year old receiving his first Super Hero costume. The Grands know Papaw will be dressing up but he won't tell them what he is going to be. Tyler and his buddy's are all going to be Super Hero's this year, hubby couldn't be left behind in his Angry Birds costume from last year. I hope he won't be arrested for inappropriate dress and behavior!!

We are off this morning for Hubby's 40th class reunion, that is as soon as hubby gets himself packed,grrrr He was on the PC all afternoon until late last night trying to get his new phone activated, up and running. I figure he will be calling the IT department all weekend getting help on how the heck to use the thing! Ha. The good thing about the new phone is I will be able to piggy back on his plan again which will save us $40.00 a month. My normal usage is under 100 minuets a month. For me the cell phone is for emergencies or a quick convenience call, it never leaves the car. Hubby on the other hand has to have his phone for business therefore his company takes care of the bill (when he remembers to do his expenses) 

I am taking along my sewing machine and a small quilting project to help a friend who wants to learn to quilt. She has an inexpensive machine that she doesn't think she can quilt with after reading and studying so many sights for beginners. I hope to show her that her machine should at least be able to do the piecing, it might even be capable of doing some straight line quilting. I dug around in my scraps and stash for her to make a simple baby girl quilt that I think she will really like. Motel sewing is not exactly the best place and space for quilting but I think we can pull it off.

We got to visit with all of the grands yesterday since we won't get to have any hugs until Monday. AJ the beagle went in for her bath and pedi before she heads to her buddy's house for a visit. The house is as clean as it needs to be, the lawn is mowed, the bills are paid, fresh batteries in the camera, snacks and drinks for the car. It's time for a road trip!!

BTW I was able to change our reservations and use reward points so the hotel will be free!! That's a savings of  $502.84. A full cook to order breakfast and 2 hours of happy hour each day are included in the motel as well. I am going to try to make this a frugal trip as we still have a family vacation coming up in November and Christmas is right around the corner. I do hope to pick up Christmas gifts for the family at a local store that will save me shipping charges.

Does anyone other than my hubby get all excited about these class reunions? Me not so much but it will be nice to spend some time with high school friends that we do stay in contact with.


4 comments:

  1. Road trip !! Have fun...you are so helpful to others and great in the "savings" dept!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love a road trip but they don't happen very often. Have fun!

    I've never had a class reunion - I graduated from high school in Okinawa, Japan and my friends are scattered all over the world. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a lovely time. I missed the one reunion they had, but we just didn't have the money to fly to Britain for it.

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe your hubby's gonna wear that!! He is just AWESOME!!! Tell him I said he's "the man"! lol! That is amazing that you scored the hotel for free!!! Woot!!

    ReplyDelete