Thursday, October 11, 2012

Some Assembly Required

 I now have naked windows after taking down the curtains for a spin in the washer. Our bedroom is south facing, after years (10 or 15) of remaking them to match whatever bed spread I was using at the time they fell apart in the wash. No mending in the world was gonna bring the poor things back after dry rot had set in. New bedroom curtains are now on my need to get list.
 I took breaks yesterday from cleaning the master bath to stamp a few handmade cards. Some are headed to a new home as a pick me up gift, others are in my card drawer which was beginning to get low.
 After the cards were finished I took breaks in the afternoon to piece a few blocks for MY Fall quilt. Easy as pie since I was using pre-cuts!! 
 I think I am going to love this quilt to death. The fabric is "Tree Huggers" from Studio E. I think the fabric might be a couple of years old so I am going to have to search to find some yardage for the backing. Most of the time I would just make do but I am going to make an exception this time.
 Trick or Treat bags are cut out for Kara and Karsyn. On to the sewing. Hope to share the tutorial I found for these tomorrow so stay tuned. They are sew easy to make!!
 30 tissue holders are in a holding pattern waiting on me to sit down and get them made up. The tissue holders will be going in goodie bags for a local nursing home, so excited to do something fun for the ladies!!
Thought it was only fair to show what my sewing/scrap room looks like when I work in it! By the end of the day I will have everything back in its place nice and neat. No reason to do a clean up until I am done messing around.

I have a surprise afternoon off from keeping Kara today. Kara, Mommy, and Daddy are down with colds. The only rooms I had planned on deep cleaning this week were our bedroom and bath. With those tasks completed yesterday I decided a day of sewing and working on my sewing "To Do" list would be a great idea.

I have an assembly line of sewing set up in the kitchen that I hope to finish before dinner tonight. If not I should be able to get a few hours of sewing in before the debates start up tonight. I so hope Joe Biden gives us a good show. That man is a mess!! Ha

When faced with an unplanned day off how do you spend your time? I could do some running around returning sweaters that need to go back to the store, a bank deposit, drop off at the dry cleaners, look for bedroom curtains but who wants to spend their free time running the roads. NOT ME!!!! Give me a free day at home and I am a happy girl.

6 comments:

  1. Love the cards! Soo pretty! :) You're right on that quilt fabric, it's flipping adorable!! I hope you can find some yardage to match! I'm going to go work on an order as well. A day at home ALONE woudn't happen, but IF it ever did, I'd read, drink coffee, listen to music, clean in peace, (lol!) sew something for me, etc... I'm with you, home in race is the way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debby, I have a free day at home too, and most of tomorrow and all day Saturday- love those grands but this quiet is nice too :)
    I've cleaned both pantries and about 85% done with the toy room/baby room.

    yes, I hope Joe gives us laughs too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cards, how nice you got a "me" day to do somethings for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your sewing room Debby! I think its the windows there in front of your sewing machine that does it for me....lots and lots of lovely light and trees you have trees to look at I'm so sick of city views. I am still a country girl at heart :-)
    Although I don't always comment I must add I read nearly all your posts and am so envious of the wonderful quilts you make. The last one the Christmas quilt is perfect :-) I think you must have a quilt fairy living in your house LOL!

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ! I had a pair of cotton pants almost rot off my body one time (think it had to do with a bit too much bleach). I can't wait to see your new Fall Quilt. I actually cancelled my Drs appt tomorrow so I can stay home and power clean, hopefully with no interruptions! I am tired of running roads, much rather stay at home put.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ! I had a pair of cotton pants almost rot off my body one time (think it had to do with a bit too much bleach). I can't wait to see your new Fall Quilt. I actually cancelled my Drs appt tomorrow so I can stay home and power clean, hopefully with no interruptions! I am tired of running roads, much rather stay at home put.

    ReplyDelete