Thursday, August 15, 2013

Attic Treasures

 While digging around in the attic last night I figured I might as well drag the big girls American Girls trunks down.
 They were stuffed to the gills. I don't remember them having so darn much.
 Lots of sorting and trying to figure out what goes with what. Google is a wonderful thing!!
 Bitty Baby on the left is our original baby from 1987. The girls and I figured out the year by looking at the tags on the dolls and clothes. Talk about a walk down memory lane this morning! She has held up pretty darn good. Bitty on the right is Nanny's new doll. Rumor is going around that a new Bitty will be comeing out this year.
I FINALLY got Karsyn to try on her bath wrap. First round was to figure out where to hem it, second round where to place the Velcro. Third try she was over it!! Ha It's a bit snug on Ms Karsi but fit Kara perfectly. Back to the drawing board, I need to make the rest or the wraps with a longer piece of elastic.

I never got around to baking cookies last night once I lugged the big girls trunks down from the attic. Holy Moley they had a whole lot more than I any of us remembered. Some of the white items have turned pretty yellow. I have those soaking in Dreft tonight with hopes they will brighten up. The hand made clothes have held up great!! Go Me. Way back then I didn't have a zig zag stitch on my sewing machine sew I finished the seams with fray check. The seams are now hard as a rock!! I hadn't realized until last night while trying to put the different outfits together that Mattel had bought out Pleasant Company. It's been a long time since I have been in the baby doll world, times they a changing.

First thing this morning was to get those cookies baked before the house heated up. Two batches of M&M cookies were in the pantry by 7:00 AM waiting for hubby's arrival. Of coures the grands had all they wanted and a bag to go. We had a glorious day with temperatures in the 70's!!! The grands had a ball playing in the back yard after so many weeks being stuck in the house due to the heat and mosquito's. Honestly it feels like Fall, my very favorite time of the year. I know the hot weather will catch up with us again soon but for now it sure is nice.

Tonight I am going to do NOTHING. All this running around, playing, picking up, cooking, and snack making with the little girls did me in. Added to that getting the lawn mowed, vacuuming and a quick mop of the kitchen floor should be plenty enough. AJ the beagle and I will enjoy some cuddle time on the couch watching whatever we can find on TV.

12 comments:

  1. I don't think you have enough free time for your husband to come home. :)
    Even with him gone, you are amazing at how much you get done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, Rhonda I can always make time for hubby, he is the pick of the litter!! I just hate to sit still, not always a good thing.

      Delete
  2. Exactly what I am doing tonight- NOTHING- except computer stuff here. Our first bitty baby came in 1993. I do love them and how wonderful that you have your first ones. I did not know they were coming out with a new one- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't hang on to a lot of our big girls toys but dolls and doll house were an exception. Can't remember where I saw that a new Bitty was coming this year. She better be the same size now that I have all these clothes made up

      Delete
  3. I doubt you can ever do nothing :) It probably includes getting your house in tip-top shape, filling in your fridge with delicious food and making half of a quilt, all in one day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, on days when I have the grands not much gets done other than lots of tea parties, ball games, and dirty diapers!!

      Delete
  4. You are constantly on the go and you get SO much done, goodness.

    But I am like you in that I can't sit still and always have to be doing something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love following all you goings and doings Sandra. So happy your family is getting settled in your new home

      Delete
  5. I'm giving my granddaughter a Bitty baby for her 3rd birthday in May. Can't wait until after the holidays to get started on her wardrobe. If the yellow doesn't come out with the Dreft them in plain water with oxi-clean. It has always worked for me. Love your blog, btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, great idea I do have some oxi-clean in the laundry room. Thanks also for the complement, blush

      Delete
  6. That should be "soak" them in plain water with oxi-clean. Duh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HA, got it Lisa. Your grand is gonna love her Bitty. Make sure and buget for one for yourself as the patterns are all over the place on sizes!! You need your own bitty model

    ReplyDelete