Saturday, August 24, 2013

Sew Fun

 12 pounds of Lima/Butter beans done!
 Along with 12 pounds of sweet peas
 Mommy picked Kara up early yesterday leaving me with some free time. I coulda, shoulda worked on some of the many UFOs hanging around but instead I pulled out some scraps to give a cathedral pin cushion a try.
 Didn't have time to finish the third one last night, once I get the stuffing finished and the button added I think it will be my favorite.
How cute are these? Don't they look super hard? Don't you think I am just oozing with talent? Ha. I made these guys up in less than an hour, I kid you not!!!! Check out this tutorial at Moda's Bake Shop they are sew easy, the instructions are great

Wouldn't these pin cushions make cute little gifts for your sewing pals? I super happy with how they turned out, fast, easy, cute, and using all scraps. I will for sure be making more of these. That is after I finish at least one UFO!!!!

Cool air is soon to be back in the house!!! Thank goodness! Hubby and I both really wanted to go with a local  small company that has taken a beating during this downturn in the economy. Unfortunately his bid was $1,000.00 more than the big boys :( We were honest with him in letting him know we really did want to give him the contract but $1,000.00 was just too big a price difference for our pocket. After he made some calls, reworked his proposal, he let us know if we wait until after September the first he could bring the price down by $960.00 due to new rebates that will be coming up. HECK yes we can wait. I have been without downstairs central air since July 10, a few more weeks will be just fine. Well just fine is an overstatement as it's hot as HELL right now but I will survive. Grand total.....$16,532.00 OUCH!!! We will get back $2,600.00 in rebates two to four weeks after the installation which helps a lot.

Before DD#3 married her hubby who is a plumber we used the above company for a few odd plumbing jobs. They have always been prompt, friendly, courteous, and reasonably priced, of course local is a big selling point for us as well. How can you not want to go with a company that has the following printed right on their business cards

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, and not for men. Col 3:23

SOLD!!! You got the bid, I am done looking around. Somebody hand me a big glass of ice tea, and a cold rag to keep on my neck, two weeks seems like a long time! Ha

Off to reload the dehydrator for the day, shower before Kara arrives, run AJ the beagle out of the bed so I can get our room in order before going downstairs to face the heat.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Cathedral pin cushions, I think I'm going to pull out my sewing machine this afternoon and give those a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandra, they really are easy and cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been a busy gal. I love those pin cushions. What a darling project. Love the verse on the business card- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE those pincusions!! Soo cute! They're on my "to do" list oneday. Wondering if they're hard.. (not for you doesn't count! hahahaha!!) Love that they have that scripture on their business card! I'd have been sold too!

    ReplyDelete