Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Weekly Spending

Wheat Toll House Cookies
Wheat Noodles
2 eggs mixed, add 1 tsp salt, 4 Tbls milk, 2 cups flour or enough to make stiff dough. Roll out very thin on a floured surface

Roll dough up loosely then cut into strips and place on cooling rack to dry for 2 hours or so


Throw racks in freezer until firm them load them up in a freezer bag and return to the freezer. Not sure how long they will last, we eat them to fast.
Karsyn was a stinker yesterday but finally settled down for a nap long enough for me to make cookies and noodles using wheat I ground before I picked her up in the morning.
The cookies are great, you can't tell any difference, I remembered after I ground the wheat that the electric mill has a pastry setting, I will try and remember to use that setting next time to see if it makes a difference. Putting on a pot of chicken noodle soup for dinner today, hope that the noodles have as good a result as the cookies. I planed on using 1/2 white 1/2 wheat in the noddles but forgot to add the white flour I was in such a hurry. It is cool and rainy here today a pot of soup is just what I need. I have the entire day off today!!!! I think I will be doing nothing, I so need a day of doing nothing.
On to the spending, it was not so great this week but not every week can be as good as we want so I just move on and try to do better the next time. We did have some very large expenses this week that I call planned spending. Planned spending doesn't come out of my weekly household budget. They are expenses we plan on having and save up for so it doesn't put a monkey wrench in our budget. The beef was one, we decided last summer we wanted to find a local source for our meat and stay away from all the additives at the grocery store meat counter, so we began to put a little money back for what we knew would be a large expense. The wheat grinders were the same thing I have been squirreling money back for over a year, when the time came to hit add to the cart I had NO guilt and used NO credit card!! All of the purchases will save us money in the long run but we had to be prepared to spend a chunk in the front end.
Gas - $65.84 cost $3.50 a gal up from, $3.44 last week
Groceries - $55.37 Big pork chop sale saved $27.70 now have 23 packs of (4) chops in the freezer
Birthday dinner (ate out with family) - $106.00
Birthday gift - $120.00
Spent $349.21, over budget by $149.21
Planned spending
Beef - $314.00
Butcher - $75.00
Food Saver - $142.00 (not planned)
Wheat Mills - $668.90


No comments:

Post a Comment