Saturday, December 1, 2012

Are We Done Yet?

Am I done yet? NOOO, Oh how I wish I could say yes. This is my kitchen tree fill with 29 years worth of Hallmarks "Nostalgic Houses and Shops"  I love having my own tree in the room I spend the most time! Ha
The powder room "Star Trek" tree. Hubby likes to spend time in this room reading and playing with all is boy ornaments.
Beam me up Scotty.
Another of Hubby's tree's in the entrance hall. Lionel trains and Harley Davidson's
The Harley's are very fragile so I put them up high out of the reach of tiny hands.
A grouping of three little trees for the grands. They have their own Nativity pieces made from felt that they can play with on the largest tree.
The two smaller trees are "Baby's First Christmas" ornaments for our big girls and all the grands.
Two empty spots on our stocking holders waiting for this Nanny to finish up the little girls stockings. I know what I will be doing for the next few weeks in the evenings! Ha
Our mantel holds mini fireplaces with an ornament for each of us
With all the additions we are up to two mini fireplaces
Another of Hubby's collections. He loves the "Toy Story" movie. Don't you know Dept 51 came out with an entire village for that movie, grrr Once I get the tall SIL's over I will have them pull down the tubs that have an additional house or maybe two for hubby's village .

I got an unexpected day off from playing with Kara, time to deck the halls. I was thinking I could finish up today but after 9 hours of unpacking, testing lights, putting together trees, dragging tubs in and out of the house I am still not finished but I can assure you I am DONE for the night!!!!

I shouldn't have too much more to do as I won't be putting up two additional trees this year as the ornaments are too fragile for the grands to mess with. Our Christmas village as well will continue to be stored another year or two as they take up two 10 foot tables along with shelves hubby made for the top. No way am I going too try to keep up with the little ones with that much glitter and glass. Once hubby arrives home we will load up whoever wants to go to pick out our real tree for the family room. Decorating for Christmas ain't for sissy's!!

As for the outdoor decorations.....won't be happening this year. Ladders, electricity and me don't mix! We can get our tacky lights fix visiting other homes while enjoying some cookies and cocoa in the car.

Has anyone finished up all their decorating yet? If not, "May the Force be with You" ladies!! We shall overcome (I hope)

15 comments:

  1. Oh my Debby where do you get all the energy you have to do what you do ! That was a lot of Christmas get together !!! It all looks so lovely ... I only have a couple of things out, as I need my Crabby Cabbie to slug up a couple boxes for me some day hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was and is too big a job for one thats why I decided to cut back on lots of things. Hope that after tomorrow I can sit in the evening doing some hand sewing and enjoy the sights and sounds!! Good luck with yours and that sweet crabby cabbie!! Ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. just gorgeous, I am hoping to get my tree hunted out tomorrow.....if I feel like it!!!

    How many trees do you put up?

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your decorating Gill! Most years we put up 2 full size trees and 6 table top trees, crazy I know.

      Delete
  4. Wow! Love it! I am totally envious! Looks great! I love to go look at other people's houses with lights & blow up figures. I tell/warn my hubby - if we ever buy a place with a yard - I'm going to be one of *those* people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Love it! I am totally envious! Looks great! I love to go look at other people's houses with lights & blow up figures. I tell/warn my hubby - if we ever buy a place with a yard - I'm going to be one of *those* people!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have lots of trees! I love your little mantel with personalized stockings :) And I spotted a few ornaments that we have too :) We have more than 30 years worth of Hallmark ornaments too because Hubby's uncle used to be one of the artists for them, and he would send an ornament for each of the kids every year. We started this tradition for our kids too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How cool Lena!! My hubby is Decorating crazy, too bad he is not here to help this time around! Ha

      Delete
  7. Holy moly girl!! lol! You must have a coffee I.V!! ;) Lol!! The trees (I can see 1/2 the photos thus time!) look awesome! Love the sweet village tree!! That's so neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carla, maybe by the end of the week you can see all the pics! Ha

      Delete
  8. Fantastic trees...it must take some time to get them all up.
    Your nativity is as special as mine...isn't it interesting that we have the same ones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Kathryn, I use to get the whole house done inside and out over a weekend, now days it takes a lot longer!! We too LOVE our nativity

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am almost done! yeaaaaa! I gave my collection of those same Hallmark houses to my dd this year to have and love. I had every one from the first issued on and all but 3 in their original boxes...don't know what happened to them.

    I hear you about keeping little hands away from all the fragile things! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nana, How funny is that we both have the same collection!! I throw my Hallmark boxes out each year, don't want to take the chance that our DD's might try and sell them when they put me in the home!! Ha

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love your Star Trek tree!
    Greetings from The Netherlands,
    Thara

    ReplyDelete