Thursday, April 30, 2015

Secret Reviled

 Tonight I gave the first volume of two scrapbooks I made for Elijah and his family of the super cool, wonderful events and acts of kindness shown to he and his family. So many wonderful people so many blessings.
 One of the of the MANY acts kindness was a photo shoot of Mr. E and his family before he began his treatments
 So many businesses in our area have held family events to help with his medical expenses
 Enjoying evenings out with other families who are part of his enormous support system has been so inspiring
 Hundreds of friends, family, and people who have never meet Elijah are wearing his Prayer Warrior tee shirts. He and his family get so much joy when total strangers send photo's from all over the country, even the world wearing their tee shirts.
 Last summer a benefit golf tournament was held in his honor. The kids had a blast riding around meeting all of the golfers who came out to play.
 We are SOOOO blessed to live in an area that have celebrities from many of our sport teams that give their all to needs of the community as well as individuals.
 Jeff Gordon car number 24 from NASCAR is one of the many folks who have taken Elijah under his wing. Jeff Gordon runs "Kick It" to cancer events throughout the country
Elijah requested to swim with Dolphins from the "Make a Wish Foundation" unfortunately they were unable to make arrangements before his surgery was scheduled.  His Pappy and GiGi treated he and his family to a surprise trip. They made sure his dream came true :)
 Little Brother Sam has always been right at his Brothers side, he was pretty excited to share in this wonderful trip
It's hard to see the line that formed around their family home to welcome him home from his first hospital visit. HUNDREDS!!!!! of neighbors, friends, classmates, team mates, you name it they were there to show there support and prayers.
 
This is a tiny sample of the cover pages from sections of Elijah's volume number one scrapbook. My goal has been to document all of the joy and blessings he and his family have experienced from this past year. I had planned on making this for his one year anniversary but with battle number two underway now seemed to be the right time.
 
I stopped counting completed pages after 150!!! Still have a few more before volume two is complete :) Hundreds, maybe closer to 1,000 photo's are between the covers. Every single photo included in his scrapbooks are a testimony of the love so many of us have for this family. There are NO photo's of this nasty illness he is fighting!!!!
 
There is just no way I can explain the emotions that have gone into these albums. Without the kind words, encouragement, and prayers of our family and friends I could not have pulled this off. THANK YOU!!!!! My emotional bank is so close to empty. Tonight watching Mr. E, Mommy, Gigi, and Aunt Julie turning the pages I felt a little bit of the dark cloud I have been in for the last few weeks lift just a bit.
 
Tomorrows goal is to complete album #2 after the grands leave for the day. Elijah has LOTS more fun plans for the summer with family, friends, and our community. No doubt there will be a volume 3 in my future :)
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Gill :) Hardest thing I have ever in my life made :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful gift - I thought that might be what you were working on. I've been following Elijah's story (praying along) and I'm sure this has been a difficult task. But what a wonderful thing for them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many prayers for Elijah and his family and you. I can only imagine how difficult this must have been.....I'm sure it brought every memory back to the forefront. But it is a great and wonderful thing to have them. God Bless and Heal Elijah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for Elijah and his family, until I read this I forgot how I got connected to his Face book page, he is in my Daily prayers.
    The emotions you have went through doing this scrapbook must have been overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers for Elijah and his family, until I read this I forgot how I got connected to his Face book page, he is in my Daily prayers.
    The emotions you have went through doing this scrapbook must have been overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete