Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Change of plans

Tyler's quilt was the only project I was able to complete over the weekend
This is the last of the Christmas quilts I needed to finish before the holiday's!
We had a change of plans for our girls weekend, my buddy from out of town wanted to check out some of the garage sales Saturday morning for baby furniture, she is expecting her first Grand so they will be needing everything. With road construction, a fall festival that will be going on until Dec 1 over the weekends, and the regular heavy traffic on a weekend it took us close to 2 hours to get to Daughter #1 neighborhood. On a normal day it's a 20 minute drive grrrr. My buddy was able to pick up the entire nursery suite, crib, youth bed, changing table, dresser, cradle along with the bedding and nursery decorations for under $350.00!!!! What a deal, we got on line when we finally got back home to check the original prices, she scored $2,500.00 worth of baby fixins, what a deal. After the ridicules drive back home we ran into some neighbors she hasn't seen in years so we hung out on the street corner an additional 3 or 4 hours catching up while we waited for her Daughter to bring a truck and trailer down to pick up the bounty. After hours more of driving we finally settled in at 8:00PM after leaving the house at 8:00AM. I had Kara Sunday in the afternoon so I'm thinking I was lucky to have gotten a single thing done. That's just the way it goes sometimes, but at least we got in lots of catching up and solved all the worlds problems while driving around. Then it was back in the car for my Birthday party and dinner our girls planned for me.
Monday started off on the wrong foot as well, I watched Karsyn while Daughter #3 took Kara to the Dr for the rest of her shots. The fella's showed up to install the hardwoods as soon as I got her down for her morning nap. Sorry Charlie you are scheduled for Tuesday morning, I hadn't moved a single piece of furniture out and had to unload the ton of glassware in the curio cabinet. On top of all of that I had my first software class Monday night for the embroidery machine, if I didn't take that class I would have to wait an additional 8 months to start a new session. After class last night I got the living room unloaded of furniture and all the extras. Thankfully I don't have any more relaxing weekends coming up, I don't think I could handle another one anytime soon, HA
While the guys are working today I will finish up a purse I was able to cut out Sunday then work on my to do list for the week. I already know it will be a week of frustration due to the traffic problems we have been having along with a NASCAR race thrown in that will start on Wednesday and run until Sunday. The one thing I can do is to improve my attitude which needs to change!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment