Friday, November 25, 2011

This turkey is ready

I had to sneak a quick photo of Daughter#1's baby bump, she hates having her picture taken when she is prego. This little turkey is big enough to join the family Wednesday!!
Does this look like Christmas to you? Not so much, but it will be super cute when its done and ready to go under Daughter #2 tree.
Hubby ended up working a full day today so no Christmas decorating happened, instead I finished up the Thanksgiving feast clean up and packed up all the fall decorations. We will hit the floor in the AM bright and early to get with the decorating program before heading over to Daughter #1 to help them finish up "Baby Bubba's" nursery.
With the extra time on my hands today I cut up the bright pile of fabric above for a tree skirt for Daughter #2's funky girl tree. I will have to hit the shop for a bit more background fabric (ran short) other than that everything came from my stash. I will piece some leftover batting from other projects then dig around to find some backing. This should turn out to be a super frugal project that will be perfect to dress up her tree. Not to be left out Daughter #1 now wants wreathes to hang on her dinning room chairs and a little something for the front porch. Daughter #3 hasn't started her Christmas decorating, I'm sure she too will have a wish list of a few holiday extras. If we didn't have all girls I think I would have a lot more time on my hands to finish things I would like to do!! I shouldn't have to cook for at least 2 more days (LOVE LEFTOVERS) so that will free up a little more time to put the pedal to the metal on the sewing machine!!

4 comments:

  1. She looks great & very ready for that baby!!! I can't wait to see a pic of the newest addition!! :) I think I'll adopt myself into your family & give you my wish list as well, Debby... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can't wait to see the finished project! Congrats on daughter #1's baby...I can't wait to see the baby too! :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If this little guy is anything like his brother and sister he will be a little meatball, our girls have some chunky babies! Carla I got you prize in the mail last week, hope it won't take a month this time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daughter #1 looks beautiful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete