Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Baking Fool

 Blueberry muffins ready for the freezer.
 Chocolate chip muffins cooling down for the freezer, well most of them. I haven't meet a chocolate chip I don't like.
 Peanut butter and white chocolate chip cookies.
 Cherry Cheese cake for desert tonight.
 Crock pot chicken and wild rice..
ruffle panties for Kara's dress, another UFO hits the dust!!
Mason mans newest trick, he can now set up even with that bottle belly.

We have yet another big storm rolling in so I will make this a really quick post. Mason and I kicked bootie in the kitchen today. Lots of baking going on but never got around to the English muffins, tomorrow is another day Scarlett. I also finished an additional UFO, Kara's ruffle panties that match the dress I made awhile back is finally done. Nap time is a wonderful time. Ha

The crock pot chicken and rice turned out pretty good and oh so easy!! The one thing I didn't like was the chicken, looked to pale for our taste so I ran it under the broiler for a few minutes to brown it up, much better! (recipe at the end of this post) We finished off the pickled asparagus from last night for our veggie tonight along with some dill pickles and peaches. I need to use up more of our home canned foods to make room for more.

Now head over to Carla's to get in on her blog giveaway, so cute!!!!

http://halfdozendaily.typepad.com/my-half-dozen-daily/2012/05/a-checkbook-coupon-keeper-giveaway.html

Crock pot chicken and rice

2 cups hot water
2 chicken bullion cubes
Chicken (we like breast but any parts will do)
1 Box Uncle Ben's wild rice
Cook for 4 hours

Mix the hot water, bullion and season mix from the rice together until well blended.
Add the rice when it's mixed up well
Place chicken in bottom of crock pot then pour the rest over it, cover and cook 4 hours.
How stinkin easy is that!!!


6 comments:

  1. Mmm... Everything loos so good!!! :) Look how big Mason is getting!! He's so lucky that he gets spoiled by grandma being with him so much in his life!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you on and can I have some? LOL! You never seem to stop - I am always amazed at how much you get done in a day. Love that cite little dress. I finally took the plunge yesterday and tried quilting - wasn't so bad - I'll post it today. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do amaze me, Debby. I wish I could accomplish 1/2 of what you do in a day! Yes how stinkin' easy is that recipe ! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS so easy peasy as 1-2-3 going to share your link with my Recipe Exchange. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how hard it is to get things done with little ones around, you are amazing!
    I plan on doing some baking for the freezer today, no little ones around though.

    Mason looks so proud of himself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! What a gorgeous little boy!
    Those big blue eyes and that happy little grin!
    Peanut butter and white chocolate chip cookies sound yummy!
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete