Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Narrow Minded Bigot

 A mix of annuals, can't wait to see what it will look like once things begin to grow.
 I under planted in all of our planters this year to save a few bucks, with a little luck they will fill in nicely.
 Love old fashion climbing roses, we have 2 additional ones that need to be moved so they can get more sun, all in time.
I love when it's cool enough to open the door and let the fresh air in.

A few more photo's of some of the work we finished over the weekend, we are due for some rain in the next 2 days, that should make all the flowers and garden happy as well as give my body a few days rest!!

Today is Voting day in NC, hubby is taking off at lunch so we can go together, he can lift that crazy heavy car seat of Mason's out for me. In our mind the biggest thing on the voting ticket this time around is the marriage act. The marriage act will define marriage as a man and a woman only, no more of the crazy liberal definitions that change each year. The government can make up all the unions, groupings or whatever the heck they want to call it but they need to stay out of the marriage business, that's God's turf!!!!

Yesterday as I was talking with someone I care deeply about, the marriage act came up in conversation. I was shocked to learn she will be voting against the amendment, and I do mean SHOCKED!!!! How can this be, she is a Christian lady, what the heck are you thinking? She then goes on to basically attack me personally that I pick and choose what I want to follow in the Bible, I am a hypocrite. Excuse me but if you are a Christian and a married lady who is trying to bring up your family with Cristian values how the heck can you be for the government defining what marriage is. The conversation went down hill fast after she called me "narrow minded and a bigot"

I am here this morning to say we believe in marriage as one man and one woman as God intended it to be. If you follow this blog and are offended by our values please delete this blog from you list. I will not be bullied by the name calling of anyone no matter how much I may value their friendship. I can't even believe we have to in act laws like this to keep marriage Holy. When hubby and I married 37 years ago we made a covenant with each other and with God. Over the years there has been times when I would like to kick his butt to the curb, the feeling is mutual I am sure. But never in a million years would be break the covenant we made with God, he really is the glue that has held us together in the bad times. The state of Alabama where we married has had nothing to due with our success in our marriage and family, God's hand has been on us always.

Off to do some vacuuming. Some people eat when they are stressed, others shop or maybe take to their bed, me I vacuum. The Oreck better not let me down this morning!!!!

14 comments:

  1. You are right to stick to your grounds, Debby. Do not let others affect your beliefs.

    And, I should take your advice with the vacuuming...so much more productive than eating when stressed!

    On another note, your flowers are gorgeous, as is your home!! Wow! Makes me want to move where there is more land!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your photos. :)

    I hope you and your friend are able to get past the differences and continue being friends, if that is possible.

    We have to be true to ourselves and to what we believe, I agree. Sometimes it can be very inconvenient but necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are ALL entitled to our opinions & beliefs; why is that lady not respecting you have yours & she has hers ! Calling you out like that ..pfft. I would not want to be anything else then married to my husband, but same as you, as any strong marriage, we have our ups & downs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh PS love your flower planters, and everything else in your photos !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flowers are looking great but then I wouldn't expect anything less. We are all entitled to our opinions and I don't think calling names is helpful or loving. You and 'hubby' have a long marriage and I am sure many would be envious of that. Hey, I have an Oreck too - they are great aren't they xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there-I would only suggest as someone else said, that we are all entitled to our beliefs and we should respect one another. She should respect yours. I will say here that I am a Christian woman married many years who is in favor of gay marriage. I dont expect others to agree, everyone makes their own decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You go girl! Dont let the liberals get you down. They never consider anyones opinion as good as theirs. You stick to what you feel is right and let God sort out the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great photos, still another couple of weeks away from planting annuals here.......actually beginning of June is probably safer for me to plant.

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your flowers & deck are just both beautiful Debby!! :) I'm looking forward to more photos! As for your friend, WOW. She has a lot of nerve... I guess this is when Matthew 7:4 comes into play! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We need to stand up for what we believe in. We can't sit back and let what happens happen. It seems that sitting back and doing nothing is the way many people work now-a-days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS.........I love the planters. Makes me wish I had a patio fence to put something like that on. or even the type of sindows where I could have planters.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What,that's crazy. You are so not a bigot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A M E N !!!! and pretty flowers too

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks ladies, I just think to many people are not willing to say to others "That's not right" we are to afraid of offending others. I wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings but some things really are black and white. Right is right, wrong is wrong. I have nothing against others who have and alternitive lifestyle, it is not for me to judge. However it is up to me to stand up for what we beleive takes away our rights as Christians

    ReplyDelete