Thursday, April 26, 2012

Fiscal Fast Day 5

 The beginnings of a new quilt during nap time today
Another load of carrots

Short post tonight as I need to be ready to hit the floor in high gear in the morning.

After the grands left today I jumped on the lawn mower and did a quick mow of the front yard before we get any more rain. SIL#2 normally does our lawn mowing but they had been on vacation for a week, since they have been home we have had off and on rain each day. I couldn't stand to see the grass grow one more inch at least in the front yard!! Afterwards I did a survey of the back yard, we had a pretty big storm this morning. Lots of tree limbs and such were down but thankfully no trees. Why oh why did I walk around the garden.... Before the little ones arrive in the morning I need to finish cleaning the pile of carrots I pulled tonight, cut and steam them, then it's in the dehydrator they will go. Nothing like a little extra work before the sun comes up, grrr

It was another uneventful no spend day today. I can't think of a thing we are going to need until Sunday night when I will need to pick up some eggs and fruit for the grands next week. If things continue to go as planned an extra $200.00 with be headed to the Christmas/Vacation account Sunday morning!!

8 comments:

  1. Wow Debby is that an early crop of carrots? I have only just planted mine, the tiny seedlings have come through but are just that-tiny! We wont be eating carrots anytime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne, these are still from last falls planting. It worked out so well I think I will wait until fall again this year to plant, leaves more room in the garden for other things

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bunch of carrots, Debby ! Our lawn is going to be a hay field by the time it dries up and the Crabby Cabbie gets around to it ! Great NO Spending control.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are always so busy - where do you get your energy? xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am I on your Christmas list? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had a pretty nasty storm last night too. But it looks like nothing is seriously damaged, just a few branches.Looks like you are adding a nice cushion to your Christmas/vacation fund.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you go Girl!!! those carrots are so pretty, I have never grown them.

    ReplyDelete